Sunday, November 3, 2013

Sabbath Prayer


Oh, Father, this morning might I enter your courts with thanksgiving in my heart. In the deepest, darkest places of my spirit may thanksgiving rise up to you.

This morning may I enter your court with praise. In the hardest, most resistant places of my spirit might praise be lifted up to you.

This morning as I enter your Holy Place may my prayers rise up as incense. May they rise up to you and bless you. May the meditations of my heart be pleasing to you this morning.

This morning as I enter your Holy of Holies, because of the blood of Jesus, may my very spirit be transformed. May I come wrapped and enveloped in the garments of my High Priest. May I be covered by the blood of his eternal sacrifice.

This morning may the thanksgiving, praise and prayers be not as strange fire to you. May they be made pure by and through the translation of your Spirit. May they be made into acceptable offerings to you because of the intercession of the High Priest whose garments I am cloaked in….may I be found IN CHRIST this morning.

Today let me found in him. And anything that would hinder my ascent, anything that would impede my progress, anything that would deter my journey let it be discarded on the path. Left behind.


Amen and amen. 

No comments:

The Thrill of Hope--Jeremiah, Part 1

One April evening in 2017 we reached for your Mama and Daddy’s hands and led them into the stillness of an empty sanctuary. At an altar we...